Many of the clients we meet with have been or currently are caregivers for their senior loved ones. Whether they are providing hands-on care in the home and managing medications or paying the bills and maintaining the household, this is a constant responsibility. Even if the aging adult lives independently or in the child’s home,… Read more »
Did you know that approximately 15 percent of caregivers are young adults? As much as we can try to plan for the future, sometimes we may find ourselves unexpectedly assuming the role of a caregiver for a loved one. As selfless as this role may be, it can also be unexpected. Often, taking on the… Read more »
“Sandwich Generation” adults are those who provide caregiving services and financial support to their aging parents and children. The group is getting larger every year due to aging trends and other factors. Unfortunately, the demands of their dual responsibilities are substantial. Many Sandwich Generation adults suffer from depression, financial hardship, and declining health. It… Read more »
- 6 Ways to Have Fun This National Older Americans Month
- How to Care for Your Loved Ones When They Enter a Facility This National Elder Law Month
- Do You Know The VA Benefits Available to Virginia Seniors?
- How to Protect an Elder Loved One with Dementia from Being Abused
- Key Resources for Unexpected Caregivers in Our Community