On June 15, we celebrate Elder Abuse Awareness Day. This day aims to focus global attention on the problem of physical, emotional and financial abuse of elders. At this time it is estimated that one in ten elders is abused in America. Millions of elder abuse cases go unreported each year in the United States… Read more »
Seniors continue to be one of the most at risk groups for scammers to target. There are several reasons why this specific age bracket continues to be a popular target for predators. Seniors or “Older Americans” who are classified as over the age of 60 years old, as a group, are typically more trusting, less… Read more »
Elder exploitation is on the rise across America. This crime impacts seniors and vulnerable adults on a daily basis, and is not limited to being perpetrated solely by unknown third parties. In fact, research tells us that the majority of elder exploitation crimes are committed by family members or close relatives. Crimes against the… Read more »
- Why You Should Plan for the Rising Costs of Long-Term Care in the New Year
- 3 Tips for Talking to Your Aging Parents About Your Long-Term Care Planning Over the Holidays
- What Could Happen If You Don’t Update Your Estate Plan?
- Lessons in Estate Planning the “Queen of Soul” Can Still Teach Us
- Securing VA Health Benefits is the First Step in Providing Care for Veterans