Elder abuse is one of the most invasive public health problems in America today and, unfortunately, seniors with dementia are disproportionately suffering. According to the National Center on Elder Abuse, about one-in-ten adults over age sixty have experienced some form of elder abuse. Such estimates, however, are probably too low. Studies show that for every… Read more »
On June 15, we celebrate Elder Abuse Awareness Day. This day aims to focus global attention on the problem of physical, emotional and financial abuse of elders. At this time it is estimated that one in ten elders is abused in America. Millions of elder abuse cases go unreported each year in the United States… Read more »
Seniors continue to be one of the most at risk groups for scammers to target. There are several reasons why this specific age bracket continues to be a popular target for predators. Seniors or “Older Americans” who are classified as over the age of 60 years old, as a group, are typically more trusting, less… Read more »
- What is the Difference Between an Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorney?
- Tips for Protecting Your Child When Choosing a Babysitter and More
- How to Choose the Right Medical Alert System for Your Spouse
- How to Protect Your Minor Children at Summer Camp
- 9 Hurricane Food and Water Safety Tips for Aging Parents