When it comes to estate planning, many of us have heard about the probate process and how to effectively plan to avoid it. Did you know, however, that there is a particular type of probate proceeding called ancillary probate that your estate may still be subject to? Ancillary probate is a probate proceeding that is… Read more »
Most likely you have heard about the nasty inheritance battles between family members of deceased celebrities. Robin Williams comes to mind. However, these fights aren’t limited to the rich and famous. Probate is the court process that validates a Will. If there is no Will, the estate will be distributed according to Virginia law. Many… Read more »
- What is the Difference Between an Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorney?
- Tips for Protecting Your Child When Choosing a Babysitter and More
- How to Choose the Right Medical Alert System for Your Spouse
- How to Protect Your Minor Children at Summer Camp
- 9 Hurricane Food and Water Safety Tips for Aging Parents