When it comes to estate planning, many of us have heard about the probate process and how to effectively plan to avoid it. Did you know, however, that there is a particular type of probate proceeding called ancillary probate that your estate may still be subject to? Ancillary probate is a probate proceeding that is… Read more »
Most likely you have heard about the nasty inheritance battles between family members of deceased celebrities. Robin Williams comes to mind. However, these fights aren’t limited to the rich and famous. Probate is the court process that validates a Will. If there is no Will, the estate will be distributed according to Virginia law. Many… Read more »
- Does Your Estate Plan Reflect the Legacy you Want to Leave in 2020?
- How Art May Bring Join to Loved Ones in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Tips for Family Members to Help Senior Loved Ones Drive Safely
- Medicare Is Not Medicaid and Most Likely Will Not Pay For Long-Term Care
- 3 Tips for Veterans and Family Caregivers This November