When it comes to estate planning, many of us have heard about the probate process and how to effectively plan to avoid it. Did you know, however, that there is a particular type of probate proceeding called ancillary probate that your estate may still be subject to? Ancillary probate is a probate proceeding that is… Read more »
Most likely you have heard about the nasty inheritance battles between family members of deceased celebrities. Robin Williams comes to mind. However, these fights aren’t limited to the rich and famous. Probate is the court process that validates a Will. If there is no Will, the estate will be distributed according to Virginia law. Many… Read more »
- A New Year Means It Is Time To Make Sure Your Estate Plan Is In Order
- Six Changes that May Show Your Parent Needs In-Home Care
- 5 Ideas You Can Use When Talking to Your Loved Ones About Long-Term Care Planning Over the Holidays
- How Do I Choose An Estate Planning Attorney Near Me?
- The Quiet Ones: Helping to Care for Family Caregivers