Every May is National Older Americans Month. Since 1963, it has been an opportunity to celebrate seniors across the country, and recognize the many contributions older adults have made to society, and to the lives of others. What you may not realize, however, is that May has the added benefit of also being National Elder… Read more »
Many of the clients we meet with have been or currently are caregivers for their senior loved ones. Whether they are providing hands-on care in the home and managing medications or paying the bills and maintaining the household, this is a constant responsibility. Even if the aging adult lives independently or in the child’s home,… Read more »
Elder abuse is one of the most invasive public health problems in America today and, unfortunately, seniors with dementia are disproportionately suffering. According to the National Center on Elder Abuse, about one-in-ten adults over age sixty have experienced some form of elder abuse. Such estimates, however, are probably too low. Studies show that for every… Read more »
- Tips You Need When It Comes to Ancillary Probate
- 5 Types of Financial Abuse to Know this World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 6 Ways to Have Fun This National Older Americans Month
- How to Care for Your Loved Ones When They Enter a Facility This National Elder Law Month
- Do You Know The VA Benefits Available to Virginia Seniors?