Did you know elder abuse is one of the most important, and upsetting, issues facing Older Americans today? Like other forms of abuse, it can be confusing, terrifying, and even embarrassing to the victim. Aging adults might also fear retaliation, or getting the abuser in trouble, which is a significant dilemma when family members are… Read more »
Elder abuse is one of the most invasive public health problems in America today and, unfortunately, seniors with dementia are disproportionately suffering. According to the National Center on Elder Abuse, about one-in-ten adults over age sixty have experienced some form of elder abuse. Such estimates, however, are probably too low. Studies show that for every… Read more »
- How to Start “Tough Conversations” About Medical Care
- Did you Make Your Medical Wishes Known for National Healthcare Decisions Day which was April 16, 2021?
- Why We Celebrate National Autism Acceptance Month
- Three Reasons Why You Would Want a Pet Trust in Your Estate Plan
- Coping With An Aging Parent’s Memory Loss: Four Things To Keep In Mind